Know 5 key tips to make your campaigns successful. Whether you’re a freelancer, have your own business, or work in a company’s marketing department, you’ve probably heard of email marketing.
What is email marketing?
It’s a direct digital marketing tool that allows us to send communications to our target audiences. Every online marketing strategy should include email marketing among its main tools.
It has many advantages: low costs, possibility of testing, fast execution of campaigns and analysis of metrics, among many others.
In order for you to start building successful email marketing campaigns, I offer you five tips that can be of great help:
- Database segmentation: it is super important to classify user data, according to certain common criteria. For example, area where they live, profession, sex/gender, products of interest, etc. This ensures that you send campaigns that are really interesting and relevant to your target audience.
- Clear objectives: you should always ask yourself “why am I sending this campaign? what do I want to achieve? Only then can you design a piece that clearly communicates to the user what they should do (e.g. download a discount coupon, access your blog to read an article, book tickets for a show, etc.).
- Birthday mail: if you have the date of birth of your clients in your database, you can create a campaign for those whose birthday it is every month. In this piece, you can offer them an exclusive gift (discount, promotion, etc.). This helps users to have your brand present, as well as increasing sales of your product or service.
- Full Cart: If you have an e-commerce site, you will have noticed that a large number of users add products to the cart but do not finish the purchase process. Through email, you can send campaigns to users who did not complete the transaction, and offer them an incentive to do so (e.g. “The wallet you liked so much is still waiting for you! Buy it online now, with 10% off”. This is essential to increase sales.
- Analyze, analyze, analyze: if we send emails, but don’t analyze the results, we will be missing a great opportunity. It is very important to visualize the metrics of every campaign sent, to understand what worked and what can be improved. This will allow us to continue generating email marketing pieces that give us better and better results.